Carole Stewart Anhalt, a native of Memphis Tennessee, first came to Texas for college at Trinity University in San Antonio. After receiving her B.A. degree, she went to Saint Louis University, where she received a Master of Health Administration degree with Distinction. After her Masters program, she attended Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans, Louisiana. After receiving her Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from Loyola in 1999, she took and passed the Louisiana bar (1999) and the Texas bar (2000). Carole then graduated from the University of Houston Law Center with a LL.M (Master of Laws) degree in Health Law in 2004, as well as a Ph.D. with a concentration in Bioethics from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas in 2020.
- Insurance Law 95%
- Personal Injury 5%
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1999
- Honors: Law Review Honors + top 10%
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- LL.M. (Health Law)
- Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri
- M.H.A. (Masters of Health Administration) - 1993
- Honors: Distinction
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- P.h.D. - 2020
- Major: Medical Humanities w/ Concentration in Bioethics
- Louisiana, 1999
- Texas, 2000
- Harry Huntt Ramsom Fellowship - UTMB
- Cary and Ray Cooper Scholarship - UTMB
- Frank J. D'Amico Award for Best Law Review Comment
- Loyola Law Excellence Award - Conflict of Laws
- Loyola Law Excellence Award - Poverty Law
Classes & Seminars
- "Mandated Coverage of Viagra: Raising the Issues of Questionable Priorities the Need for a Definition of Medical Necessity, and the Politics of Poverty", Loyola Law Review, 44, 1998
- "Traumatic Brain Injury: Compassionate Care, not Clinical Nihilism", Journal of Hospital Ethics, 6, no. 2, 2019
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member, 1999 to Present
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 2000 to Present
Current Employment Positions
- William Winslade, Ph.D., Ph.D., J.D.
- Evelyn McKinney, Ph.D., J.D.
- Stacey Tovino, Ph.D., J.D.
- Leslie Griffin, Ph.D., J.D.